These services are generally used for the recovery of escaped indoor-only cats or displaced outdoor-access cats as well as skittish lost dogs. Surveillance cameras (i.e., game or trail cameras) may be used along with a feeding station and/or trap to determine if your lost pet is in the area. Use of these services generally requires a phone or on-site consultation and may incur mileage fees.
Rental of equipment requires signing an agreement that you will replace the cost of the equipment if it is lost, stolen or damaged (to the extent that it no longer functions). A deposit for the replacement cost of rental equipment is required at the time of rental. This will be refunded minus any outstanding rental fees or replacement costs of lost/stolen/damaged equipment. You are responsible for any fees incurred in returning equipment whether you choose to mail equipment or pay for on-site pick up. The full Equipment Rental Terms and Conditions are available within the Services Agreement.
Rental of Surveillance Cameras
Equipment deposits for cameras range from $95 (older models) to $165 (newer models) per camera. Deposits for the wireless camera start at $445. The wireless camera is available on a limited basis and will email/text the photos directly to you. All other cameras store photos to an SD card that must be manually checked using a laptop or digital camera.
$25 for the set-up of each camera and includes first week of rental. $50 for wireless camera.
- $12.50/wk per camera regular rental. $25/wk for wireless camera
Rental of Humane Traps
Equipment deposits for humane traps range from $75 (small cat trap) to $150 (dog trap). See specialized capture for information on on rental of enclosure traps and drop traps.
- Both dog and cat-sized traps are available
- $25 for the set-up of each trap and includes first week of rental
- $12.50/wk per trap regular rental
Rental of Trap Alarms
Equipment deposits range from $20 to $60.
- Placing an alarm on a trap allows you to be notified as soon as an animal is caught. This can significantly increase your success of trapping your lost pet.
- $10.00 for installation of each trap alarm and includes first week of rental.
- $5.00/wk per alarm regular rental.