Missing Pet Partnership Northeast Regional Training – Mystic, CT – May 2017
Missing Pet Partnership is holding a Northeast Regional Training on Saturday, May 20th through Wednesday, May 24th. This training is open to anyone interested in learning about lost pet recovery work whether or not they have completed a Missing Animal Response (MAR) Technician course.
For more information and to register, Click Here.
2-Day Lost Pet Recovery Seminar (May 20th and 21st) – $100
This training will consist of a series of workshops, demos and panel discussions including:
- Disaster Animal Response Work
- Creative Captures
- Compassion Fatigue for Rescuers
- Net Gun, Collarum, Snappy Snare and Net Demos
- Complex/Unique Cases and Handling Difficult Owners
- Bone, Scat and Track Identification
- Airport Searches
- Managing Facebook Groups and Pages
- Missy Trap, Enclosure and Drop Traps
- Proper Search Dog Use and Scent Theory
Lost Pet Research and Recovery will be participating in several of the demos and running the workshop on Bone, Scat and Track Identification. This training will focus on identifying dog and cat remains and sign such as skulls, tracks and scat. There will also be some discussion on coyote behavior.
3-Day MAR K9 Boot Camp (May 22nd-24th) – $275 handler and one dog, $60 observer
This is a hands-on dog training for both MAR cat detection and MAR trailing dogs. Both new and experienced search dogs are welcome.
- Kat Albrecht – author of Dog Detectives and founder of Missing Pet Partnership
- Susannah Charleson – author of Scent of the Missing and SAR K9 handler
- Sam Connelly – MAR K9 handler and owner of Pure Gold Pet Trackers
- Marge Lineweber – MAR K9 trainer and founder of Summit’s Missing Animal Response Team
- Pat Simmons – SAR and MAR K9 handler and founder of Southeast Search and Rescue K9s