When your cat or dog goes missing, make sure that you are taking all the important steps to bring them home quickly and safely. These checklists provide a brief overview of the most important search actions and links to additional information.
There are three different search checklists available for lost cats because the important actions to take in each situation are significantly different. Make sure that you select the most appropriate checklist.
The checklists include:
- Search Checklist for Lost Dogs v3.2
- Search Checklist for Lost Indoor-Only Cats v3.2: cats that have never been outside or are only allowed outside supervised, such as in an enclosure or on a leash.
- Search Checklist for Lost Outdoor-Access Cats v3.2: any cat that is allowed outside unsupervised.
- Search Checklist for Cats Lost Away from Home v3.3: any cat (either indoor-only or outdoor-access) that is lost from an unfamiliar location, such as the vet’s office, while visiting someone or just after you move to a new home.
If you have any questions, comments or technical difficulties with the search plans, please use the Contact Form.
Search Action Plans
These include much more detailed instructions than the search checklists.
- Search Plan for Lost Indoor-Only Cats v2.3
- Search Plan for Lost Outdoor-Access Cats v1.3
- Checking Sightings for Lost Dogs (includes what do if you see your lost dog)
If you have any questions, comments or technical difficulties with the checklists, please use the Contact Form.
Even more checklists to help you find your lost cat or dog.