Trapping with a humane trap is one the most effective method for recovering a skittish lost dog. However, you need to make sure that you know what you are doing! An improperly set trap may result in A) your dog refusing to enter the trap, B) your dog escaping the trap C) catching wild animals instead of your dog, or D) injuring your dog. This Trapping Checklist for Lost Dogs is based on nearly a decade of experience trapping lost and stray dogs.
You will learn:
- How to select the right trap
- Supplies needed for trapping
- Where to place the trap
- Tips and tricks on setting up the trap to maximize the likelihood of catching your lost dog
- How to properly bait the trap
- For your dog’s safety, what to do once you catch your dog