If you visit your local college or university library, you can likely find access to hundreds of scientific research journals that require expensive subscriptions if you were to purchase them on your own. Many universities will allow you to purchase a copy card so you can easily print off any interesting articles that you find. The websites below are free online research journals which are commonly referred to as “open access” publications.
Animals — Open Access Journal
Animals (ISSN 2076-2615), an international open access journal devoted entirely to animals, including zoology and veterinary sciences, is published by MDPI online quarterly.
- – free for readers, free publication for well-prepared manuscripts submitted in 2012.
- Rapid publication: accepted papers are immediately published online.
PLOS Biology – Open Access Journal
PLOS Biology is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal featuring research articles of exceptional significance in all areas of biological science, from molecules to ecosystems.
Springer Link is a collection of scientific documents from journals, books, series, protocols and reference works. Their biology section is limited, but I did find some interesting articles on scent.
Research Groups or Associations
This is the study of the relationships between humans and animals
- International Society for Anthrozoology
- HabriCentral: Resources for the Study of the Human-Animal Bond
Animal Welfare and Behavior
- Faunalytics: Animal Advocacy Resource Center
- Association of Professional Dog Trainers
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants