There is A LOT of information on the internet on how to find a lost cat. Unfortunately, much of the information on lost cat behavior and recovery is inaccurate and can even have you doing things that decrease the chances of finding your lost cat. For example, I generally do NOT recommend putting your cat's litter box outside. Make sure that you are getting reliable information by getting it from this site or those resources listed below.
Lost Cat Behavior Resources on Lost Pet Research & Recovery
The Lost Pet Research and Recovery site contains a lot of free and low cost information on lost cat behavior. All guides and checklists written by Danielle Robertson come with a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
- FREE Lost Cat Search Checklists - includes separate checklists for lost indoor-only cats, lost outdoor-access cats and cats lost away from home because each situation is different and requires different search and recovery techniques.
- Visit the Lost Pet Research Store for additional low cost options including:
- Lost Cat Search Plans
- Trapping Checklist for Lost Cats
- Lost Pet Recovery Online Instructions
- Find additional free information on lost cat behavior in the Lost Pet Research Blog
Lost Cat Behavior Websites
These are some other websites with quality information on lost cat behavior and recovery.
- Cats In The Bag
- Missing Animal Response Network - created by Kat Albrecht, founder of Missing Pet Partnership
Lost Pet Research participates in affiliate referral programs including Amazon Associates. I only endorse products and services that I have personally used, thoroughly researched, or come recommended by trusted peers. If you purchase anything via an affiliate link, I may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Learn more here.
Lost Cat Recovery Guides
Several pet detectives have written guides on how to find a lost cat
Lost Cat Recovery Guide
Written by pet detectives Annalisa Berns of Pet Search & Rescue and Landa Coldiron of Lost Pet Detection.
This guide is a 180+ page e-book (PDF download) and is available in the Lost Pet Research Store.
How to Find a Lost Cat
Written by Kim Freeman – pet detective and owner of Lost Cat Finder
Available as a Kindle book or paperback from Amazon.
Three Retriever's Guide to Finding Your Lost Cat
Written by James Branson – pet detective/owner of Three Retrievers Lost Pet Rescue and former president of Missing Pet Partnership
This guide is available as a paperback or Kindle book from Amazon.com. If you don’t own a Kindle, download the free Kindle app for smartphones and computers.